GDPL has an opening for a Project Manager / Team Leader who can perform start to finish oversight of IT projects concerning web and software development. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively gather a client’s requirement and optimize the Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), then proceed to oversee and manage the development life cycle of the solution. Project Management skills are essential and knowledge of quality assurance measures a must.
Key Results Expected
Effective Project Execution :
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resource need and assign individual responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Manage day-to-day user interaction
- Review deliverables prepared by team and users
- Effectively apply development methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Minimize exposure and risk on project
- Highlight and mitigate risks when necessary
- Manage the process of change effectively
- Provide regular reporting to Project Board.
- Facilitate team and user meetings effectively
- Hold regular status meetings with project team
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems
- Manage teams across geographically distributed locations
- Solid project management skills
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Good understanding of user needs with regards to the intranet redesign
- Good understanding of Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Very good knowledge of Web Technologies & Languages (IIS, Silverlight, AJAX, jQuery, C#, ASP.Net, CSS, HTML, XML, XSLT)
- Proven experience in planning, designing and deploying solutions
- Proven experience in planning technical quality assurance for large scale enterprise applications, including functional tests, integration tests and performance tests.
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience in project execution.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience with enterprise application deployment