Min 2 years
The Web/graphics Designer will develop and produce a variety of creatives and visual designs for both internal as well as client brands. Corporate as well as e-commerce/retail websites, email campaigns and online marketing creatives will need to be conceptualized and created. S/he will work with business and copy teams to clarify objectives, revise creative and ensure accuracy for all projects. The Web Designer will actively participate and help drive the creative process by applying graphic design and presenting well-developed creative solutions to meet the given objectives. This person will be responsible for executing product line updates for all ecommerce website, as well as hand-coding HTML for emails and deploying them in a timely manner. S/he will be responsible for staying current on industry trends, while keeping all brands at the forefront for site/graphic design and best practices. The Sr. Web Designer will work across Creative disciplines to drive the best customer experience solution. S/he will supervise and develop other designers and contractors while balancing personal workflow and priorities. The candidate must have strong graphic design, layout, typography, image manipulation, and color correction skills.
Key Results Expected
- Delivery of Illustrator/Photoshop mockups
- Delivery of HTML mockups of designs
- Ability to create great, intuitive UIs and UXs for the audience
- Great Creatives for brochures/catalogues/e-mailers will be required from time to time
- Oversight of implementation of design by .Net development and web development teams (ensuring that design issues that arise during production are addressed and solved in collaboration with development team)
- Development of “executive visualizations” of the design system, including materials to supplement the current web-based design system instructional, as well as presentation slide versions of key interface pages, potential large format (poster size) deliverable showing full site maps / workflows etc)
- Post-production spot support for issues that arise due to work-out changes / user feedback
The Web Designer must have demonstrable evidence of designing interfaces that compliment an existing design system, leverage the latest web interactive technologies (ajax/partial page refresh/intuitive form validation etc), and deliver the HTML mockup, and final HTML/CSS deliverables suitable for use by the web application developers.
- This person must be extremely proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, HTML & CSS.
- Proficiency in Flash and InDesign a plus
- Knowledge of CMSs like Joomla/Drupal/Magento and WordPress a plus
- Creating highly polished visual designs, including illustrations, diagrams, charts, web-based user interfaces, and other communication media.
- Addressing complex design challenges including navigation, data visualization, and adhering to established visual and mobile interface guidelines.
- Translating web prototypes into actual designs by applying visual and creative elements to wireframes.
- Be familiar with developing for low-bandwidth situations
- Be familiar with modular (widget) design systems, where end users have some control of the ultimate composition of personalized screens
- Demonstrable experience in development of site maps, flow charts and other high level site visualization aids that would be used during the site planning and architecture stages
- Good documentation skills